Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cinco de Mastalski Recap!

We have been planning a 10th anniversary trip to Mexico next year for awhile now, so we thought what is better than to celebrate a little Cinco de Mayo party with our friends and family? We sent out invitations inviting everyone over for Margaritas, Mariachi & Mexican Munchies. I really wanted a laid back, colorful & festive vibe to put everyone in the spirit.


On the buffet table, I designed little cards for in front of each dish. I also bought stickers in the scrapbooking section of an arts and crafts store and stuck them onto toothpicks, these gave a punch of detail to little things scattered throughout the house.




I loved the tiny little map of Mexico in the salsa bowl.


We turned our backyard into a little Cantina.



Colorful drinks! This watermelon & tequila drink was a hit! So refreshing on a nice night.


No fiesta would be complete without the Margarita maker!




My living room, dining room & family room decked out in papel picado banners. I know alot of people make and sell paper ones on www.etsy.com but I have to admit I picked these up at Party City for a mere $3.99 each. They are plastic and the colors were so vibrant! I still have them hanging in my backyard!






Our firepit & smores station. Nothing better on a chilly spring night!





I handed out "worry doll" favors that I created when my guests left. They were told to put them under their pillows and their worries would be gone in the morning! I have to admit that I got this idea from our favorite Mexican restaurant, Besito, in Hartford, CT. I thought it was a clever little trinket the first time we dined there.





The legend of the worry dolls.....




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! I love the colorful drinks and the marshmellow station! That firepit is too too cute. Invite me over next time! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...